Weekend Eats (and Drinks)

soft-shell crabs

snipped

lunch

Twig Farm goat tomme

"Leaping Frog" chicken

Sunday brunch at home

sun tea

first batch of the season

light lunch

Copper River salmon

a little something sweet

(The rest of my farmers’ market photos are here; and as always, you can click on the individual photos in the post above for a bit more detail.)

16 thoughts on “Weekend Eats (and Drinks)

1. Cheryl says:

Jennifer, the photos from the farmer’s market blow me away. Do you know of a website that would tell me what the better farmer’s markets are in the Atlanta area? I’ve looked, but basically only find ones that list the various markets and don’t really give me an idea of how good/bad they are, or the best times of year to visit them.

2. Samantha from Maine says:

I live vicariously through your beautiful pictures…please tell me, what do the long beans taste like…just like regular green beans? Thanks so much for sharing.

3. Samantha from Maine says:

Oh is that what they are? They look like those long beans from here…thanks. LOL. 🙂

4. Lovely…the crab with risotto, beautiful. The drinks make me thirsty. Made scape risotto last night…more tonight.

5. I am heading to Rhode Island on Sunday…i might miss the exit to my friend’s B&B in Newport and instead follow my nose to your house! *g*

6. i LOVE cocktails with cucumber in summer…
    my all time favourite is with 42 below fejoia vodka a new zealand friend put me onto… it is absolutely divine.

very beautiful post once again… i always look forward to your weekend roundup!

7. hil says:

How do you make the anchovy butter? Literally anchovies + butter? I bought lobsters at the farmers market this weekend too…delicious.

8. Christina says:

I agree, those Farmer’s Market photos are beautiful!

How do you know which vendors are trustworthy? I recently discovered that a local Farmer’s Market vendor had been purchasing cases of vegetables from our local grocery store and marking them up at his “farmer’s market.”

9. lo says:

OK, now — That’s just too much good food all in one place.
    Cocktails with cucumber ROCK. .. as does buttered bread with radishes… and… and… the list goes on!

10. Sarah says:

oh Jen, that’s my kind of weekend…I always love your weekend eats and drinks but this one especially captures the whole experience. Thank you!

Thanks, everyone!

Curry – I wish I could remember, but I don’t. I need to take better notes next cocktail hour 😀

hil – yep, just a few marinated white anchovies and butter, plus a pinch of sea salt. I put them in the food processor and blended until smooth!

Christina – Ugh, that’s horrible! We had a similar situation when we were in NY with a farmer we trusted who was less than forthcoming about what he was selling, unfortunately. I don’t think we’ll have the same problem here, though. We have visited two of the farms we buy from (City Farm and Casey Farm) , and plan to visit more over the course of the summer. We have no reason so far to think we aren’t getting the real deal! I think it helps to talk to the farmers, ask a lot of questions, and really get to know them and their product. That’s about all you can do aside from growing your own stuff!