New beginnings

baker's dozen

… is this thing on?

So, um, hi! We’re here, in Providence, in our new amazing little home, and it has been crazy and we’re pretty much exhausted and we still have loads to do before we’re settled in for real, but we’re so incredibly happy here. Our new kitchen is a dream, with a ton of counter space, lots of cupboards and amazing light, so different from the kitchen at our old place in Brooklyn. We’re more confident than ever that this was the right move for us, at the right time, and I can’t wait to share more dinners with you all.

a taste of springtime

Here’s to a new season and a fresh start – I’ll be back again soon.

21 thoughts on “New beginnings

1. what amy said!

are you guys drinking campari with those oysters?

good to see you back on the cyber-waves. you were missed…

and congrats and good work on the move
    i’ll miss seeing you in nyc…

2. Hey Jen,
    Welcome back! Your place looks great, looks like Rhody is no slouch in the food resource area. How exciting to have a new adventure!
    Can’t wait to see what you come up with.
    Mary

3. Brooklyn Papa says:

As a long time reader/lurker on this lovely website – can’t wait to see what you guys end up cookin next!!

4. Margaret says:

I know I speak for many of your readers………………….

WE MISSED YOU!!!!!!

I am so glad to know that you and Mike are settled. I lived in Newport Rhode Island several years ago when my husband was in graduate school. It was breattakingly (is that a word?) beautiful! I wish you many happy memores in your new home. May Rhode Island embrace you and be more than you dreamed it could be.

Best of luck and Welcome Home!

Margaret, Virginia Beach

5. missy says:

Congratulations on your new home and may you have many happy memories and great food there. I look forward to seeing what will be coming out of your new kitchen.

6. E.S. says:

Why the move?! Congrats anyhow!
    I must say that it was inspirational knowing that we were neighbors (bklyn & LI).
    Best of luck in your new endeavors. Looking forward to your recipes.

7. oyster! I like to drop some smoky Scotch whisky on it. It’s nice that you’ve got a new kitchen. You will cook nicer than ever. and I’m looking forward to seeing your blog too.

Thanks so much, everyone!

Claudia – to answer your question, Mike made Sazeracs. If you click the photo he left a note about them on Flickr. 🙂

9. Sara says:

Okay, so I clearly missed this post before I commented on two above. Um, so here is where I should have said: congrats! and glad you’re back online!

10. Providence is beautiful :). I’m in Austin, TX right now but my hubby starts law school in Cambridge (BOSTON, MASS, not England) this coming fall, so we’re moving. I imagine our kitchen will be tiny! We’ll be living in Harvard’s grad student apartments…that should be interesting, considering I can’t imagine having a kitchen that’s smaller than the one we already have! How exciting for you, though, a nice kitchen and a beautiful place to live! OOh, and I am so excited about going to the farmers markets on the East Coast, I imagine they’re so much better than the ones we have here in TX! Do you know of any really cool ones in Boston? I’d love to here about em! Your blog is really delicious, I have so many baked goods posted on my blog right now that it’s nice to come across a savory food blog! Yum! Nice meeting u :).

11. Colette says:

Welcome to New England! I found your blog doing a search for wild salmon and I’m really enjoying it. The pics are amazing! You’re going to LOVE the area in the coming months. I grew up minutes from the RI border (Danileson, CT) and spent almost all my time in RI during the summer. The people are fantastic, the food is to die for!!! Chowder and clamcakes and OH the corn!!!!

12. Emily says:

I came here from apartment therapy somehow. I’m a native Rhode Islander moving to Brooklyn. I’ve been in Vermont for the last four years and it really seems like Rhode Island is getting in on the locavore movement. It’s very exiciting. Check out the Edible Rhody magazine.